Sumptuously dressed in colorful, gold-trimmed satin, these classic characters take their inspiration from the traditions of the Medeivel jester and Mardi Gras clown, but with a friendly, childish, approachable aspect that is warm and appealing. Hardwood heads are turned and painted by hand.
> Find More Works By This Artist
- Sturdily constructed of hardwood, felt, fabric and leather
- Magically realistic movement with a simple, one-hand operation
- Feature a unique, tangleproof string design
- Display stand available for an additional $12.00
- All items are handmade and subject to availability.
- Shipping times will vary
“All the labor of production is done now as it was in the beginning under the strict supervision and control of the founding owners and immediate family. In all aspects of design and production, our family has always taken the utmost care to see that our products are safe in every respect.“
For over 30 years, Fish River Crafts of Fort Kent, Maine has been hand-producing fine wooden marionettes as ‘motion sculptures’, objects to delight and amuse young and old alike - and after 10 years, the process of production has been honed to such a point of efficiency and satisfaction that it has remained nearly unchanged since then.
-> See More From Fish River Crafts